Car accidents happen all the time, unfortunately. No matter where you are, how close to home you may be, an accident can happen out of the blue, altering your life in just a matter of seconds. The causes of these accidents are as vast and varied as the accidents themselves, though much of them stem from human error, such as speeding, negligence, recklessness, and distracted driving. If you were injured in a car accident, it is imperative that you reach out to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to ensure you receive the compensation you need and deserve during this time.
Below are some common types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Rear-end collisions: These types of accidents are among some of the most common and tend to be caused by sudden deceleration. If a driver is following too closely or accelerates at a higher speed than the vehicle in front, this could also result in a rear-end collision. Regardless how this type of accident occurs, whiplash is a frequently sustained injury in these cases and, while many might dismiss it as minor, it could lead the injured person to suffer chronic pain.
- T-Bone collisions: Also known as side-impact collisions, this type of accident can cause severe, even fatal injuries. It occurs when the side of a vehicle is hit and is generally considered to be one of the most serious types of collisions.
- Sideswipe collisions: When two cars that are parallel to one another touch, a sideswipe collision can occur. In most cases, vehicle damages and injuries are relatively minor due to the nature of the accident.
- Vehicle rollover: These are some of the most terrifying and dangerous accidents and occur when a vehicle flips over onto its side or roof. Any vehicle can be involved in this type of accident, though cars with a high center of gravity, such as SUVs, are most prone to this type of accident. One of the most common causes of rollover accidents is sharp turns made at a high speed.
- Head-on collisions: As the name suggests, when two vehicles impact each other, head-on, this type of accident occurs, often causing fatal injuries.
- Single-car accidents: It is not uncommon for sing-vehicle accidents to occur. For example, if a vehicle strikes an object like a tree or fire hydrant, this would be considered a single-vehicle accident. This type of accident might also involve pedestrians or other innocent bystanders.
- Multi-vehicle collisions: When we think of motor vehicle accidents, we tend to think of incidents that involve two cars, but an accident can involve many vehicles and could also be referred to as a pile-up. Depending on the circumstances, this accident could be incredibly dangerous. For example, if several vehicles are involved, they could all be impacted multiple times, making it difficult for those involved to escape. Furthermore, these types of accidents make it difficult to determine fault.
- Hit-and-run accidents: Drivers should never leave the scene of an accident until it is appropriate for them to do so. When one leaves the scene before proper steps are taken, this is known as a hit-and-run accident for which one can suffer criminal penalties.
Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Brevard County
If you sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another driver, you have the right to pursue fair and just compensation. At Alpizar Law, LLC, our highly-recognized personal injury firm will fight diligently on your behalf to ensure you are able to recover the damages you rightfully deserve.
For the representation you need, contact us today at (321) 549-7903 to schedule a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable member of our legal team. If we cannot win your case, you will not owe us any legal fees.